Church of Our Lady of Rosary
The Old Goa where this church is situated is like the spiritual hub of the state and has a lot architectural masterpieces. Since this place has a lot archaic churches, this place has been certified as a world cultural site via the UNESCO. When this position became a Portuguese colony a lot of lovely churches were built as a token of victory of annexing Goa. The Church of Our Lady of the Rosary is also a symbol of victory and labels the historically significant conquest, the first ever victory in Goa via Portuguese.
This church, which was built in 1544, is one of the oldest churches in Goa. The church is situated on a lovely hillock overlooking the Mandovi River and the Divar Island. Beauty of this church lies in its plain design. This church is a fine example of Manueline style of church architecture. The architecture reminds you of a fortress with its concrete construction. It is in laterite and is plastered with mortar. Shades of Gothic style architecture are visible and this building. This place was elevated to the position of a church only in 1543 and Franciscans were entrusted with the authority. People revere this position because of its connection with St Francis Xavier whoever accustomed to preach here. Every year, devotees spend a day only in festivities when various dances, live music band shows, and fairs are organized here.
Best Selling Goa Tours
"file" tab contnet here